In January 2018, we declared The Rebellion.
In April 2019, nations began to declare a Climate Emergency.
In June 2019, NYC declared a Climate Emergency
In October 2019, we tell the world the truth!
Beginning on Monday, October 7, Extinction Rebellion NYC will join a large scale global rebellion to rise up for the love of our planet.
• Wildlife populations have more than halved on average since 1970 due to 1.2°C of warming and climate change.
• Since then, over 50% of all carbon emissions from the burning of fossil fuels has been produced.
• We’ve already overshot the 2015 Paris Agreement goal of 2° warming, to best case 3.2° (5.8 degrees Fahrenheit).
We’re nearly out of time. Take a week off work, bring your family and friends and join us in the streets for a one time only ‘chance of life’.
1. SAVE THE DATE — More details to follow.
2. JOIN THE REBELLION: https://www.xrebellion.nyc/join-us
3. We need everyone, arrestable or not, but if you are ready… sign up for arrest* or to provide arrest support.
Not from NYC? Find your local rebellion!
Spread the word! Let’s save the planet!
*You will need to take an NVDA training.